Frequently Asked Questions
1) Describe your style- I often describe my style as a “Romantic Comedy”. I love for my couples to be giggling in their photos and have a natural feel to them. My goal is for you to look back in 20 years and feel emotion from your photos, not just have super posed images. I also try to have a mix of both photojournalism and modern styles.
2) What does your pricing start at? My packages vary depending on the number of hours and location. Please contact the studio to find out more firstname.lastname@example.org
3) What is your typical timeline for the day? I normally arrive about 1 hour before you get your dress on. This is when I capture the shoes, ring, flowers, dress, invitations and other details as well as some finishing makeup photos. I then take bridal portraits and bridesmaids and some family photos. Then I capture the bridal party, couple and other family photos with the bride and groom. At the reception, I normally stay until the cake cutting because after that point you get the same dancing photos over and over. I also love to schedule night time photos sometime during the reception.
4) Do you normally work with a 2nd photographer? Yes, I normally always have a 2nd photographer to capture different aspects of the wedding that I might not be able to capture. I also trained my 2nd photographers so they have a more similar style so your photos flow really well in your album
5) Does my package include a DVD with printing rights? Yes, the majority of my packages include a DVD of high resolution photos with printing rights.
6) Do you travel for weddings? Yes, I absolutely LOVE to travel for weddings! I’m so excited to photograph my first official destination wedding in Italy in the Amalfi Coast!! <3
7) Do you shoot Canon or Nikon? Film or digital? I shoot Canon digital and also have a film camera which I absolutely LOVE! Mixing the two at shoots is really fun though I would be reluctant to photograph a whole wedding on only film.
Kay English Photography LLC implemented a new policy on 12/28/2012 that we will no longer give a reason for why we are not available for your wedding. Every couple will receive the generic response “Unfortunately, I’m not available for YOUR wedding” (emphasis added).