Frequently Asked Questions
1) Describe your style- I often describe my style as a “Romantic Comedy”. I love for my couples to be giggling in their photos and have a natural feel to them. My goal is for you to look back in 20 years and feel emotion from your photos, not just have super posed images. I also try to have a mix of both photojournalism and modern styles.
2) What does your pricing start at? Local packages starting at $6k+ our associate shooter is available for $4k+ to find out more please email email@example.com
3) What is your typical timeline for the day? I normally arrive about 1 hour before you get your dress on. This is when I capture the shoes, ring, flowers, dress, invitations and other details as well as some finishing makeup photos. I then take bridal portraits and bridesmaids and some family photos. Then I capture the bridal party, couple and other family photos with the bride and groom. At the reception, I normally stay until the cake cutting because after that point you get the same dancing photos over and over. I also love to schedule night time photos sometime during the reception.
4) Do you normally work with a 2nd photographer? Yes, I normally always have a 2nd photographer to capture different aspects of the wedding that I might not be able to capture. I also trained my 2nd photographers so they have a more similar style so your photos flow really well in your album
5) Does my package include a DVD with printing rights? Yes, the majority of my packages include a DVD of high resolution photos with printing rights.
6) Do you travel for weddings? Yes, I absolutely LOVE to travel for weddings! I’m so excited to photograph my first official destination wedding in Italy in the Amalfi Coast!! <3
7) Do you shoot Canon or Nikon? Film or digital? I shoot Canon digital and also have a film camera which I absolutely LOVE! Mixing the two at shoots is really fun though I would be reluctant to photograph a whole wedding on only film.
Kay English Photography LLC implemented a new policy on 12/28/2012 that we will no longer give a reason for why we are not available for your wedding. Every couple will receive the generic response “Unfortunately, I’m not available for YOUR wedding” (emphasis added).