Wedding color combinations. MORE COMING SOON!!!!! by New Jersey Wedding Photographer Kay English
Having photographed close to 100 weddings, I have seen many varieties of color combinations that work well together. Below are some of my top favorite wedding color combinations.
1) Pinks and Mints -The first one I’m excited to share with you, is the color combo from the palmetto bluff, south carolina destination wedding. This color combination was created by the amazingly talented Reverie Events from Hamilton, New Jersey. The colors for this wedding included pink, light grey, gold and mint. Mint is by far one of my favorite wedding colors ever! The accents from their wedding included the ombre pink to mint ring photo, amazing pink flowers with gold dipped accents, and mint and pink accents throughout their decor. One of my favorite pieces of decor was the mini chalk board signature drinks sign.
2) Monet water lillies inspired wedding colors– Another favorite color combination from a styled shoot, was the Monet water color little mermaid shoot below. The colors for this was based on Monet’s “lily pads” painting. The deep purple is crucial to this wedding color combination. This wedding was also styled by Reverie Events. The gorgeous cake was made by the talented team at the Hudson Cakery in Hoboken, New Jersey. This wedding was also accented with shoes from anthropologie.
3) Fall barn wedding NJ colors– One of my favorite barn wedding color combinations are the colors below. The different purples and pops of color were absolutely perfect for a fall wedding!!! The below wedding was at Perona Farms barn in the fall. Perona has an amazing barn that can be uplight to a gorgeous purple color which went perfectly with the lovely couples wedding color combinations. This combo is perfect for a more rustic wedding look that is perfect for cowgirl wedding boots, or an outdoor ceremony. The purples and Burgundy’s also make for gorgeous florals arrangements which can be seen below. The brides bouquet was one of my favorite fall themed bouquets I have photographed in New Jersey.
4. Summer wedding colors, Pinks and Greens
The below wedding with Allison and Josh was during the summer time in New Jersey. The gorgeous bride chose big sunflowers for her bridal bouquet. Her bridesmaids has really cute lime green dresses with bright pink flower accents. Their wedding was held at the gorgeous windows on the water at frogbridge, and the over all color combination was perfect for a summer wedding!
5. Summer sherbert colors
Below is another summer favorite, it’s the color of sherbet ice creamThis wedding was taken at Crystal Springs Wedding resort in Hamburg, NJ and I just loved the bright pops of colors with the bridesmaids and wedding decor. The bride Kelly also had amazing indian parasols and light pink giant wedding balloons as props. Overall, it’s an amazing color combination for any summer bride!
6. Summer Wedding colors mint and pinks
7. Taupes and purples
This is one of the more unique color combinations that I absolutely ADORE! I never would think how well taupe, purples and blues go together, but they looked fabulous! Krystal and Kevin’s amazing wedding was held at the Manor in West Orange, They also got ready at the W in Hoboken. The color combination seen here, was great to photograph and really stood out in photos.
8. Yellow and Navy wedding colors with a hint of green
How gorgeous is this navy and yellow wedding color combination which was held at Mallard Island Yacht Club in New Jersey. The bride Diana, chose such amazing details for her special day including her gorgeous yellow bouquet, cute navy “&” sign and ceremony decor.